College Coach Login
0 Item(s) - $0.00
Facilities & Directions
Prior Year Results
Rising Stars Winter Showcase
Rising Stars Winter Showcase
All games will return to their scheduled fields and times for Sunday!
To pencil in or purchase this tournament, click the tournament entry fee below.
Rising Stars Winter Showcase
Pencil Me In
Related Team Events
Related Individual Events/Camps/Clinics
Rising Stars Winter Camp
Rising Stars Winter Showcase - Fort Lauderdale, Florida
1/06/2017 - 1/08/2017
***POOLS AND GAME SCHEDULE ARE POSTED***
All MLB field names are located at Bamford Park.
Event open to 14u, 16u, & 18u age divisions. Rising Stars Winter will be a 6 game round robin format. Score will be kept for all games to determine the pool champion for each bracket. Games will be 1:40, finish the inning.
Official exhibition play will start on Friday, January 6th. All teams should be prepared to play their first game Friday at 11:30 AM, with the option of an individual camp in the morning from 8-11. Additional practice games are available on Thursday night. The last game is scheduled to conclude by 12 noon on Sunday, January 8th.
The practice request form can be found under the "Documents" tab. To request a time slot, please fill this out with your credit card information or mail a check to Triple Crown Sports by December 20th.
**If you are a player and your team is not attending this event, but you want to be considered as a pick-up player for other teams participating, please contact Cyd at 954-610-5366.**
Age Cutoff Date:
$1195 entry fee for all age divisions
Pool winners will be awarded championship t-shirts.
Deadline for Entries:
Equipment Required for Participants:
The 3 required items for ALL teams are:
1. Digitally signed online roster
2. Team insurance
3. Team lodging and rooming report submitted on our website
When Game Times Available:
***POOLS AND GAME SCHEDULE ARE POSTED***
In the case of a complete rain out or a team backing out of the event, please be aware that 20% of the entry will be kept to cover administrative costs. (Entry fee could be moved to another tournament without the 20% transfer fee). If a team drops out after the schedule is posted, they risk a higher admin fee held.
Close Weather Update
Test Weather Update LK
General Triple Crown Fastpitch Tournament Rules:
Triple Crown is not a sanctioning body, but in several events will follow basic ASA rules with one modification. This modification relates to the playing lineup.
Rising Stars allows the teams to bat as many players as they like.
for a sample of lineups you can use during a game, if applicable.
(*Please note that each tournament and/or event may have its’ own set of rules, exceptions, and variations. Please see specific tournament details and rules below)
Triple Crown Pool Play Rules-
(Same Pool): 1. Win/Loss Record, 2. Head to Head, 3. Total Run Differential, 4. Least Runs Allowed, 5. Most Runs Scored, 6. Last Actual Run Differential (LAD) 7. Coin Flip.
(Same Pool): 1. Total Run Differential, 2. Least Runs Allowed, 3. Most Runs Scored, 4. Last Actual Run Differential (LAD), 5. Coin Flip.
1. Maximum Run Spread per game is 7, regardless of score, 2. Forfeits will be scored 7-0.
RISING STARS Tournament Rules:
1. Check-In Information: Each Team MUST check-in at the Main Tournament Desk at the complex they are playing at (Bamford or Central) prior to their first game. At check-in, teams will receive the tournament packet and all teams must provide a contact person and phone number during the event.
2. No players, team coaches, or parents/spectators will be allowed in areas designated "College Coaches Only". This includes the Hospitality Tents and the Scouting Areas behind each field's backstop.
3. No parking is allowed in areas that are designated as "Tournament Staff Parking Only" and "College Coach Parking Only". Parking is not allowed on the grass along the street.
4. Tournament Format: The teams will be divided into pools or brackets. All teams will play a minimum number of round robin exhibition games.
5. Playing Rules:
Official game will end at 7 innings or 1 hour 40 minutes finish the inning.
Teams WILL BE required to turn in a lineup sheet to the umpires prior to
start of the game (Teams may bat as many players as they Like).
Teams may use unlimited defensive substitution; however, the
order must remain the same
Teams can utilize the courtesy runner rule for any player in the game as
long as you do not delay play. A courtesy runner can be any player.
6. Pick up players may wear their original team’s uniform.
7. Jewelry is permitted within reason. (post earrings are allowed, nothing that is dangling or could present a hazard)
8. Protests: This is a non-protestable tournament. Rule disagreements will be settled at the time by the home plate umpire.
9. No glass containers, no pets, and no alcoholic beverages are allowed at the parks. No smoking is allowed on the fields, in the dugouts, or in the bleachers. Please assist in keeping the dugouts clean for the next team, by picking up your trash after the game and placing it in the receptacle provided in the dugout.
10. Forfeits: Forfeits are to be avoided at all costs. To avoid a forfeit, you are allowed to borrow a player from another team, as long as that player is registered with the tournament.
11. Weather Updates: All weather updates will be posted on the TCS Rising Stars website; there will be a Weather Update flashing on the right hand corner of the page. It is your responsibility to check the website for additional updated information.
12. Injuries: Trainers will NOT be available during the event. Each participant (players, coaches, team personnel, and spectators) is responsible for their own safety while at the event. Triple Crown Sports and the owners of the facilites won't be responsible if a, coach, team personnel, or spectator is injured at the event.
13. Unsportsmanlike Conduct: Managers/coaches are responsible for their own conduct and for that of their players, assistants and spectators. Abusive language and/or unsportsmanlike conduct will not be tolerated in any degree.
14. Warm-up Area: Pre Game Warm-up is to be conducted only in the Open Play Areas, the batting cages or in the grass outfield areas on fields with temporary fencing. Any team may use any of these allowed areas. There is to be no throwing of balls or batting in or near the sidewalk areas. There is to be no hitting of balls or throwing of balls into permanent or temporary fencing. Any player warming up a pitcher must wear a catcher's mask.
15. Lightning Detection System: Most of the parks are equipped with a lightning detection system that detects/predicts lightning and/or lightning conducive conditions within a 10 mile radius of the park. If the warning is sounded, all players, coaches and spectators must leave the area and take shelter in their cars or other secure place until the all clear is sounded. If the park does not have an automated notification system, tournament or park staff will relay the warning and the all clear to the umpires. Please cooperate.
16. Wristbands: All players are to wear the appropriate colored wristband during the entire duration of the tournament; wristbands are to be worn on the player's glove hand. Wristbands designate to the college coaches the year of graduation of the player and their recruiting eligibility.
17. Cancellation/Refund Policy: Cancellation/Refund Policy: All refunds requested prior to December 12th will be granted a full refund minus the administrative fee (20%). A full refund will be returned if cancelled from the waiting list. Also, there will be no refund of entry fees due to uncontrollable circumstances, such as weather or not complying with tournament rules. A future credit will be offered only for practice games due to inclement weather, please note those credits will only be available to your team non-transferable up to one year.
18. Practice Games: Games will be 1 hour and 30 minutes drop dead.
19. The tournament does not provide water in the dugouts. Teams are allowed to bring coolers into the park.
20. Hotel Policy: Triple Crown Sports (TCS) works with a wide variety of lodging partners in our tournament locations to secure excellent lodging rates for all participants and to ensure sufficient rooms for all attending teams. Through our lodging program, all out-of-town teams must book their rooms directly through one of our hotel partners; you can book your rooms by contacting one of the hotels we have listed on the Rising Stars website under the Lodging tab. Any reservations booked through a third party provider (i.e. hotels.com, expedia, hotwire) or not booked through TCS Rising Stars will not fulfill requirement. Local Teams Teams within an 80-mile drive radius may request a WAIVER on the lodging policy. Alternative Lodging Requests If your team requests to stay outside the TCS Lodging Program (for example, to stay at an RV park, with nearby relatives, etc.), out-of-town teams will incur a lodging surcharge of $500. Policies To be bracketed in the TCS Rising Stars Event, your team must fit into one of the following three categories: o Stay with a TCS Rising Stars lodging partner by booking with the hotel directly (minimum team requirement is 5 bedrooms/hotel rooms for 2 nights). Teams must submit a complete team rooming list with confirmation numbers, arrival dates and departure dates prior to event; or o Request and receive an exception to the Lodging Program where the team will incur a lodging surcharge of $500; or o Register as a local team, based within an 80-mile driving radius of the event.
21. Gate Pass Fees: TCS Rising Stars does not charge Gate Pass Fees at its showcase tournaments. However, at Brian Piccolo Park, there is a $1.50 per person per day gate fee on Saturdays and Sundays only and any National Holidays. Everyone must pay this fee…players and coaches included. You keep your ticket/receipt for same day reentry. This $1.50 fee goes to Broward County Parks and Recreation, not to TCS Rising Stars.
22. Tournament Committee Rights: The tournament committee reserves the right to qualify or disqualify any team, any player, or any individual associated with the participating team to preserve the integrity of the tournament. Upon disqualification for any reason the team, players, and parents forfeit the right to participate in the tournament and lose all games scheduled; team, players, coaches and parents are dismissed from the park premises including: fields and parking lot.
TCS Rising Stars Winter Showcase Schedule (*subject to change*)
Thursday, January 5th
5PM & 7PM Practice Games available
Friday, January 6th
8AM - 11AM Gator Girls Camp (see linked camp page for more info)
12PM - 10PM Team showcase games
Saturday, January 7th
8AM - 10PM Team showcase games
Sunday, January 8th
8AM - 12PM Team showcase games
**Pools and Game Schedule is posted under documents on the main page**
Conferences Represented At Rising Stars