College Coach Login
0 Item(s) - $0.00
Facilities & Directions
Prior Year Results
March Mayhem in Orange County Fastpitch California
March Mayhem in Orange County Fastpitch California
To pencil in or purchase this tournament, click the tournament entry fee below.
March Mayhem Tournament Entry Fee 2019
Pencil Me In
Related Team Events
Related Individual Events/Camps/Clinics
March Mayhem in Orange County - Orange County, California -- South
3/17/2018 - 3/18/2018
4 games / 3 pool play into single elimination
Age Cutoff Date:
10 & Under - $595.00
12 & Under - $595.00
14 & Under - $595.00
Please consider staying with one of our host hotel partners.
March Madness is here! TCS So Cal Fastpitch is running our 5th Annual March Madness NCAA Basketball Bracket Challenge. Only teams that are registered to play in this event will be eligible to participate in this Bracket Challenge. This will be run using Yahoo Sports and is free of charge. Each team will be able to submit up to 3 different brackets from 3 different coaches or parents as their official entry. The winner will receive a free entry into any 2-day TCS So Cal Fastpitch qualifier event in 2018. NCAA tournament teams are announced on March 11th. The deadline to enter your bracket is March 15th at 915am. Please email Albert asap to request your invitation to participate in this at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1st and 2nd place teams will receive team awards, along with 15 individual awards.
Deadline for Entries:
Equipment Required for Participants:
* Completed Triple Crown roster with parent digital signatures.
* Team's insurance policy information entered into their team profile on the TCS website.
* Copies of individual player's proof of age.
* TCS will provide the game balls.
* All teams are encouraged to carry their own 1st Aid Kit with them throughout the event.
When Game Times Available:
Tuesday evening prior to the event.
NOTE: Franchisees May Have Variations:
If you enter and withdraw 15 days or more before the event you will receive a full refund minus a $50 admin fee or;
you can transfer the entire fee, and not be charged the admin fee, to a future TCS So Cal Tournament (excluding Zoom Into June, TCS World Series and The Don Battles On).
If you enter and withdraw between 8 to 14 days before the event you will receive a full refund minus a $100 admin fee or; you can transfer the entire fee, and not be charged the admin fee, to a future TCS So Cal Tournament (excluding Zoom Into June, TCS World Series and The Don Battles On).
If you enter and withdraw 7 days or less before the event you will not receive any refund or; you can transfer the entire fee, and not be charged the admin fee, to a future TCS So Cal Tournament (excluding Zoom Into June, TCS World Series and The Don Battles On).
If you enter and withdraw after the schedule has been posted your entry fee will be nonrefundable. Your entry fee will be nontransferable unless an adequate replacement team can be found. We will make every reasonable effort to find a replacement team.
If you enter and the tournament is cancelled due to weather or some unforeseen event 80% (percent) of your entry fee will be refunded or credited toward a future TCS So Cal Tournament (excluding Zoom into June, TCS So Cal World Series and Don Battles On).
If it is necessary to suspend a tournament after you have started your first game, due to weather or some unforeseen event, the remaining games that were not started will be credited on a pro-rated basis less 20% (percent).
If you send in an entry form and check/or pay online after the tournament is filled or for some reason you cannot be scheduled into the tournament, the full amount of your entry fee may be refunded or you may choose to have your refund applied to a future TCS So Cal Tournament (excluding Zoom into June, TCS So Cal World Series and Don Battles on).
Close Weather Update
Triple Crown Rules and Highlights:
ASA rules, plus Triple Crown rules will apply.
Age Cutoff: December 31, 2017
1. Time Limit for Pool Play games is no new inning after 1 hour 20 minutes.Time Limit for Bracket Play games is no new inning after 1 hour 30 minutes.
2. Run rule: 10 after 3 innings; 8 after 4 innings; 6 after 5 innings.
3. Tie: In Pool Play- if at the end of 7 innings or if the time limit expires (full inning must be finished) games will end in a tie. Any pool game can end in a tie. After Pool Play- games can not end in a tie. If at the end of 7 innings, or time limit expires, the next inning starts with a runner (the batter scheduled to bat last in the respective half inning) at second base.
4. Ball: TCS will provide the game balls.
5. Game Time: Game time is forfeit time unless the delay is created by Triple Crown.
6. Extra Hitter: Teams may insert an Extra Hitter anywhere in their line-up at the beginning of the game, giving them 10 hitters, any 9 can play defense.
7. Home Team: Flip for home team in pool play. Playoffs games will allow the higher seed to be home team. If the two teams have the same seeding a head to head tie breaker will be used. If the two teams have not played each other home team will be decided by coin flip.
8. Dugouts: Team Listed 1st on the schedule will occupy the 1st base dugout.
9. Protest: All protests will be accompanied be $100 cash before the protest will be discussed or ruled on. All protests must be made at the time of the play or ruling in question. Cannot protest judgment calls.
10. DP/Flex: DP and Flex players may be used. Example: The DP hits for the flex player anywhere in the batting order. The Flex may play any defensive position, and may enter the game offensively only in the DP position.
11. Roster: May not exceed 20 players during the tournament and may not be added to during the tournament.
12. Roster Spots: Each team is allowed a total of 20 players for the season. Once a player is signed on the roster they will fill that roster spot, even if they leave the team or transfer to another team, for the remainder of that year. A player leaving the team does not open up another roster spot.
13. Championship Games: No time limit. Run rule still in effect.
14. Decisions: The Tournament Director shall have final decision on all tournament questions.
15. NO METAL CLEATS for 10U & 12U players. 14U,16U and 18U can wear them unless notified in advance due to the facility rules.
16. Any coach, player and/or spectator ejected from a game may be required to not participate in their next scheduled game.
10 AND UNDER SPECIALTY RULES:
1. 35' pitching distance
2. 11" ball
12 AND UNDER SPECIALTY RULES:
1. 40' pitching distance
2. 12" ball
14U,16U and 18U SPECIALTY RULES:
1. 43 ft pitching distance
2. METAL CLEATS ARE ALLOWED
DP / FLEX and EP Rules:
OPTION 1: **You want to bat nine players. Those nine can play any position on defense without reporting to the umpire. Those nine can NOT change order in the batting order even though they may be playing different positions each inning.
OPTION 2: **Use of DP/Flex 10 players are listed on the line-up, but only 9 bat. The DP can bat for any player that you designate prior to the start of the game and this player is designated as the Flex, playing defense only. Any of the 10 players, including the DP can play on defense. The DP and the Flex can play defense at the same time. When the DP plays defense, any other of the nine "batting" players may be removed from the defense, but is not considered to have left the game. If the Flex is removed from the defense, the Flex is considered to have left the game. DP is batting for the pitcher (Flex) and as the game goes on, all available subs have been used. In the 5th inning, the SS is not ready to go out onto the field - she has to visit the restroom. So, the coach sends the DP out to play SS. This is not a substitution, it is merely a "defensive" position swap. The DP is now handling the defensive function of the SS and is handling the offensive function of the pitcher. Next inning, the SS is back & ready to take the field, but the LF now has to go to the restroom. Now, the DP is going to play LF defensively - just like at SS the earlier inning. All this time, the DP is still the DP, the pitcher is still the pitcher, the SS is still the SS, and LF is still the LF. There have been no lineup additions, just defensive position changes. The DP is like any other starter, there are no limits as to the number of innings or positions played on defense. The only limitation is that if the DP plays defense for the Flex, the Flex is out of the game. But that's OK, as the Flex is also a starter and can re-enter one time. Just like if the Flex bats or runs for the DP, the DP is out of the game and can also re-enter one time. The Flex is a starter and may re-enter. If you do this, the lineup goes from 10 to 9 (original change) and now back to 10 - with the re-entry of the Flex. If/when this happens, the Flex is still the Flex and the DP has remained the DP all along. You may also decide later that the Flex should bat or run for the DP with the DP now leaving the game. Lineup goes from 10 to 9 (original change) to 10(Flex re-entry) to 9. And the DP is also a starter & may re-enter at a later time. So here we see the lineup going from 10 to 9 to 10 to 9 & back to 10. This is just 1 example of the flexibility/versatility of the DP/Flex positions.
OPTION 3: **Use of the EP/EH (Extra hitter or Extra player). This basically gives you the ability to hit 10 and any 9 of those 10 can play defensive. You do NOT have to list the EP/EH at the bottom of the line-up. This player can be placed anywhere in the line-up. One inning you can sit your SS and the next inning you can set you LF as long as the line-up doesn't change you don't have to report the defensive changes--see above. If you use this option, and you have no subs, and if a player were to get hurt, you'd be forced to take an out every time that player came up to bat.
OPTION 4: **Use of the DP/Flex with the addition of the EP/EH. This allows you to have 11 players in the ball game. You are batting 10 and you have one player designated as the Flex.
NOTE: Franchisees May Have Variations
Call or Text:
Call or Text:
This is a 8th year event and will be in Orange County. The main site will be Steed Park in San Clemente. Other Locations will be Dana Hills High School and Saddleback Valley College fields. These two locations will be hosted by OC Elite and we thank them for their participation with this event. This is a beautiful area with nice fields and will be a great softball weekend.
March Madness is here! TCS So Cal Fastpitch is running our 5th Annual March Madness NCAA Basketball Bracket Challenge. Only teams that are registered to play in this event will be eligible to participate in this Bracket Challenge. This will be run using Yahoo Sports and is free of charge. Each team will be able to submit up to 3 different brackets from 3 different coaches or parents as their official entry. The winner will receive a free entry into any 2-day TCS So Cal Fastpitch qualifier event in 2017. NCAA tournament teams are announced on March 11th. The deadline to enter your bracket is March 15th at 915am. Please email Albert asap to request your invitation to participate in this at email@example.com.