College Coach Login
0 Item(s) - $0.00
Facilities & Directions
Prior Year Results
Bend Elks Memorial Day Tournament
Bend Elks Memorial Day Tournament
Weather is good sky view m. s
To pencil in or purchase this tournament, click the tournament entry fee below.
Bend Memorial Day Entry Fee
Pencil Me In
Related Team Events
Related Individual Events/Camps/Clinics
Bend Elks Memorial Day Tournament - Bend/Redmond, Oregon
5/27/2017 - 5/29/2017
New age Cutoff information for 13u & 14u teams:
*13U Division Players who turn 14 prior to May 1 of the current season are not eligible unless they are in the 7th grade. Also, any player turning 15 prior to May 1 will not be eligible.
*14U Division Players who turn 15 prior to May 1 of the current season are not eligible unless they are in the 8th grade. Also, any player turning 16 prior to May 1 will not be eligible.
**Additional verification will be needed for these players.
Four-game minimum (can re-format based on weather conditions)
-All teams will play 4 Games split between Saturday and Sunday.
-Only a portion of the top of teams will advance to Monday playoffs
Manager's Meeting Info:
NO MANAGER'S MEETING, PLEASE VIEW RULES VIDEO
Age Cutoff Date:
Entry fee includes:
1. 4 Game Format (2 Pool Sat, 2 Pool Sun, Top 40-50% advance to Monday)
2. 1 Dozen Baseballs
3. 1 Hr. of Cage time at the Bend Fieldhouse (Contact Bend Fieldhouse for details - 541-312-9259)
4. Gate Fees to ALL venues for the event
Triple Crown NW Baseball Divisions of Play:
: This is our most competitive division which includes “Select / Elite” teams and is also open to any team that wants to compete at a high level.
When you see Division 2 (or D2) after the age group that indicates a bracket designed for teams that are not yet ready to compete with top teams. Division 2 is similar to the second-tier divisions you see in national sanctioning organizations.
Here is how Triple Crown compares with other sanctioning bodies.
However, we always encourage teams to play up.
Division 1 = Major & Upper Level AAA, JBO Fed
Division 2 = Lower AAA & AA, JBO American/National *** Triple Crown reserves the right to combine divisions at any point***
1st-2nd Place Team plaques/trophies and Individual awards in each age group (Platinum Brackets)
Deadline for Entries:
Equipment Required for Participants:
No metal spikes allowed on portable mounds (plastic molded, rubber cleats or tennis shoes only, please!)
When Game Times Available:
Friday, May 19, 2017 by 5pm MST
A minimum 10% non-refundable processing fee will be charged on all refunds.
If you call between the dates of March 1 - April 1 you will be refunded 75% of your entry fee. If you call between the dates of April 1 - April 30 you will be refunded 50% of your entry fee. If you call on or after May 1 no refund will be given.
WEATHER CANCELLATIONS: There is a chance this tournament could be rained out. Please be aware that 20% of the entry fee will be kept to cover administrative costs if tournament is cancelled. If your team plays 1 game, there will be a 50% refund, if your team plays 2 or more games, there will be no refund. In the event of weather, the entire amount of your entry fee can be transferred to another Corporate run Triple Crown event (pending availability); if you transfer to a Franchise run event you will be charged the administrative fee mentioned above. Triple Crown Sports does reserve the right to combine age divisions. (Examples: 9u with 10u, 11u with 12u, 15u with 16u, etc.) This decision will be based on the total number of teams that enter into each division. The 20% fee and above deadlines will only be waived if less than 3 teams enter an age division.
Close Weather Update
Triple Crown Baseball Rules: Unless noted prior to the event, all age divisions 9u-18u, National Federation High School Rules will be used with the following notations. There will be 9u and 10u No Lead Off Divisions that will follow modified Little League Rules. Triple Crown reserves the right to enforce particular invitational tournament rules. Franchisees may offer rule variations. _______________________________________________________________________________
1. Age Requirement: May 1 will be the designated date to determine ages. Photocopies of birth certificates will be required.
2. Roster rules are as follows: 7u to 14u – Rosters may not exceed 20 players during the course of the season. _______________________________________________________________________________
3. Protest Fee: $100 cash (on rule interpretation only). _______________________________________________________________________________
4. Game Time: Starting time is forfeit time, unless delay is created by Triple Crown. Game time starts at completion of plate meeting.
5. Home Team: Determined by coin flip in pool play, in playoff rounds the better seeded team will be given choice of home/visitor. Home team is required to keep the official book. _______________________________________________________________________________
6. Player Minimum: A team must start with a minimum of 9 players but can finish with less, taking outs in vacated batting positions.
7. Championship Games: No time limit and no "Triple Crown Tie Breaker” – run rules are still in effect. **This only applies to Championship games in the Championship bracket of each age division. **Silver/Bronze/Consolation brackets will play normal rules in all playoff games. _______________________________________________________________________________
8. Pitching Rules Innings per Tournament through first 4 games played:
9's = 6 innings 10's = 6 innings 11's = 6 innings 12's = 6 innings
13's = 7 innings 14's = 7 innings 15/16's = 8 innings
Each player on the roster gets (1) additional inning per game played starting in a team’s 5th game played. (Example: During a 12u team’s 7th game, each player can have a max of 9 innings pitched.)
*Scorecards must be signed by both team managers to eliminate inning validation problems. (Managers, please help with this process.)
*No limit on the number of appearances.
*A mound appearance resulting in any 1 pitch (warm-up pitch or game pitch) being thrown or a play will be considered an inning pitched.
*Eight warm-ups to start, five thereafter.
*If pitching rules are violated and the infraction is detected, the situation will be reviewed and consequences will be determined by the tournament director. Consequences may include, but are not limited to, the following: coach and/or player ejections, game forfeiture, removal of team from the tournament, suspension from additional tournaments. _______________________________________________________________________________
9. Infield Warm-Ups: All teams are encouraged to warm-up as much as possible before game time. No pre-game infield.
10. Baseballs: One Dozen Baseballs will be provided to all teams upon check-in at your field of play on Saturday. From that point on, teams must provide all game balls. (Typically two new balls and one used ball per game are sufficient.)
11. No steel cleats in the following age groups: 10u and younger. **ABSOLUTELY NO STEEL CLEATS ON ANY PORTABLE MOUNDS** _________________________________________________________________________________
12. Triple Crown Bat Rules ALL 9U & 10U NO LEAD OFF DIVISIONS can swing any size barrel but MUST be a BASEBALL Bat---All have to meet the BPF 1.15 certified
13u and Younger: All bats -5 or greater must be stamped BPF 1.15. Must be a baseball bat – no restriction on weight or length as long as bat has “BPF 1.15” stamp.
All -3 bats must be stamped BBCOR. Wood bats allowed.
14u: -3 weight/length ratio only. All bats must be stamped BBCOR. Wood bats allowed. Please check the tournament rules section of this event as some markets have rule variations for bats in the 14u division. Bat rules apply to the age division you are playing in (not the age of the player or team). Penalties for illegal bats will be assessed as per the NFHS rule book. 1st Violation - Batter is declared out (if discovered before a pitch to next batter) & head coach is restricted to the dugout for the remainder of the game. 2nd Violation (Same Game) - Batter is declared out (if discovered before a pitch to next batter) and Head Coach is ejected. Subsequent Violations of this rule: Batter is declared out (if discovered before a pitch to next batter) and head coach is ejected. When a batter is declared out for violation of bat rules, the defense may take the penalty or result of the play. The head coach penalties apply in either case.
13. Uniforms: Unique number required for each player, matching uniforms recommended. _________________________________________________________________________________
14. Adverse Weather: The Triple Crown Baseball Tournament will be played in adverse weather conditions. The tournament format may be changed at any time in order to complete the tournament. Changes may include and are not limited to: format change, game time limit adjustments, and game cancellations. Coaches and players accept these conditions when entering the tournament. ________________________________________________________________________________
15. Decisions: The Tournament Director shall have final decision on all tournament questions. _______________________________________________________________________________
16. Hotels/Motels/Condos: Teams that leave unpaid bills or damages will be removed from the tournament and reported to their respective leagues. _______________________________________________________________________________
17. Weather Refund Policy: There will be a $175.00 administration fee charged for complete rain outs; 1 game played = 50% of entry fee; 2 or more games played = no refund. _______________________________________________________________________________
18. Tie-Breaker System: POOL PLAY GAMES CAN END IN A TIE.
FOR PLAYOFFS: If a game is tied after all innings have been completed (or at time limit), the "Triple Crown Tie-Breaker" will go into effect. Each team puts the batter who is scheduled to bat last in their offensive half of the inning on second base and plays out a full inning. This happens until the tie is broken and the game is complete.
The Tie-Breaker System is NOT used for Championship Games in the Championship Bracket.
18B. Pool play games can end in ties after all innings have been completed or at time limit.
19. No Show: Teams that no-show will forfeit their entry fee and may be subject to suspension from competition in Triple Crown events for the remainder of the season. ______________________________________________________________________________
20. Batting Order:
Teams may bat any number of players and retain subs but must remain at the same total number of batters they started with throughout the game: Example 11 batters and 3 subs must finish with 11 batters. Batters not listed defensively will be extra hitters (EP or EH) and may rotate anywhere on the field like any other starter.
If a team finishes the game with less players than they started, the team must take outs in the vacant positions (NO EXCEPTIONS).
21. Courtesy Runner: The NFHS rules apply for the pitcher and catcher. However, there's an option (not mandatory) allowance for the catcher ONLY - if the team doesn't meet the NFHS rule (no eligible substitute or batting the entire roster), the last batted out may run for the catcher. _______________________________________________________________________________
22. Visits to the mound: As per NFHS rules , each team is allowed three charged visits to the mound within a game. A charged visit is a trip in which the manager or coach does not remove the pitcher. After the three charged visits are used, every trip to the mound will result in the pitcher being removed. A visit is not “charged” when the manager removes the pitcher from the mound. Remember, charged visits are cumulative for the entire game (visits are not tracked “per pitcher”). No restrictions on visits per inning. _______________________________________________________________________________
23. During pool play games only, ties WILL be allowed.
**Triple Crown will play these dimensions and run rules:***
9u & 10u LEAD OFF **46' pitching**65' bases**1 hr 45 min**6 innings** 15 runs after 3 innings, 10 runs after 4 innings, or 8 runs after 5 innings.
9u & 10u NO LEAD OFF (LL) **46' pitching**60' bases**1 hr 45 min**6 innings** 15 runs after 3 innings, 10 runs after 4 innings, or 8 runs after 5 innings.
11u & 12u**50' pitching**70' bases**1 hr 45 min**6 innings** 15 runs after 3 innings, 10 runs after 4 innings, or 8 runs after 5 innings.
13u**54' pitching**80' bases**2 hrs**7 innings** 15 runs after 4 innings, 10 runs after 5 innings, or 8 runs after 6 innings.
14u and 15/16u**60’6” pitching / 90’ bases**2 hrs**7 innings** 15 runs after 4 innings, 10 runs after 5 innings, or 8 runs after 6 innings.
***All ages have a 20 run rule after 2 complete innings (Home Team gets last bat, if necessary)***
Call or Text:
2017 Bend Elks Memorial Tournament Team Schedule
Friday, May 26th:
*Suggested Arrival Day
*MANAGERS MEETING: We have decided NOT to have a Manager's Meeting. Please be sure to view the RULES VIDEO tab on the Bend Memorial Day main page.
Please be sure you have an organized binder/folder with copies of all Birth Certificates as well as your team insurance. Please keep this with you at all times in the event of a protest.
Saturday, May 27th:
*Pool Play Games begin as early as 8am.---2 Pool Play games for all teams
Sunday, May 28th:
*Pool Play Games continue---2 Pool Play games for all teams.
Top teams will advance to Monday.
Monday, May 29th:
*Final Playoffs!!! Only Top teams will play on Monday, Single Elimination playoff for those teams.
Since 2005 the Bend Elks Baseball Club, in cooperation with Bend-area high school baseball programs and the Bend Metro Park and Recreation District, have operated the three-day weekend tournament.
It has emerged to be one of the "must attend" events for youth baseball teams throughout Oregon. Bend is located in the foothills of Central Oregon's Cascade Mountains on the edge of a Ponderosa pine forest as it transitions into the high desert plateau.
Outdoorsy, yet sophisticated, Bend is the state's hottest destination spot. Oregon's playground is where it's at if you like mountain biking, hiking, rafting, golfing, fishing, climbing, camping, skiing and/or general sightseeing. The area features several resorts and Historic Bend, a must-do locale, with 250 specialty shops, restaurants, brew pubs, art galleries, antique stores, coffee houses and such, coupled with Bohemian flare and historic charm. At an elevation of 3,628 feet, Bend enjoys the predominately dry climate of the Great Basin. Sunny days, low humidity and cool nights are common.
The city of Bend and the surrounding area look forward to hosting this tournament as it generates economic vitality in hosting teams from outside the area.
Over the past 10 years, well over $200,000 of event proceeds have gone to support amateur baseball in Bend. The tournament host, the Bend Elks Baseball Club, plays games at historic Vince Genna Stadium.