Austin & Round Rock
Age CutOff: 12/31/2018
Entry Deadline: 2/12/2019
4 game format. Pool play to elimination bracket.
Games will begin on Saturday Morning at 8am.
Team awards: 1st-3rd
Individual awards: 1st-2nd
Game balls will be provided.
This will be the 18th year the Texas Bomber Shootout will be running. Triple Crown Sports partnered with the Texas Bombers in 2015.
For all refunds, Triple Crown Sports will charge a minimum administrative fee equaling 20% of your entry fee. As of the dates established by the Refund Policy described below, the larger cancellation fees will apply.
There is a chance this tournament could be rained out. Please be aware that 20% of the entry will be kept to cover administrative costs if tournament is not played. (This entry fee could be moved to another tournament without the 20% transfer fee).
1. Refund Policy: No refund if brackets have been posted. If brackets have not been posted and: you call 15 business days before the tournament start date, a full refund will be given minus a 20% processing fee; if you call 10 to 14 business days before, 50% of your fee will be returned; if you call 9 or fewer business days before, no refund will be given.
If you get 0 games played we will keep 20% to cover administration costs and/or transfer full amount to another Triple Crown event; if you get one game played we will refund 50%; two or more games played, there is no refund.
WEATHER CANCELLATIONS: There is a chance this tournament could be rained out. Please be aware that 20% of the entry fee will be kept to cover administrative costs if tournament is cancelled. If cancelled, you can transfer the full amount to another Triple Crown event.
General Triple Crown Fastpitch Tournament Rules*:
Triple Crown is not a sanctioning body, but in several events will follow basic ASA rules with one modification. This modification relates to the playing lineup.
Triple Crown allows the use of an EP/EH and the DP/Flex in the same lineup, if your team chooses to use this option.
Click here for a sample of lineups you can use during a game, if applicable.
(*Please note that each tournament and/or event may have its’ own set of rules, exceptions, and variations. Please see specific tournament details and rules below)
Triple Crown Pool Play Rules- Two-Way tie (Same Pool): 1. Win/Loss Record, 2. Head to Heat, 3. Total Run Differential, 4. Least Runs Allowed, 5. Most Runs Scored, 6. Last Actual Run Differential (LAD) 7. Coin Flip. Three-Way tie (Same Pool): 1. Total Run Differential, 2. Least Runs Allowed, 3. Most Runs Scored, 4. Last Actual Run Differential (LAD), 5. Coin Flip. IMPORTANT: 1. Maximum Run Spread per game is 7, regardless of score, 2. Forfeits will be scored 7-0.
2018 TCS Bomber Shootout Tournament Rules
General Game Day rules:
- At the ballpark- Game Days
Pool Play can end in a tie.
3 pool play games to a single elimination bracket
No protest tournament.
- 10U all pool play and bracket games will be 1 hour 30 minutes, finish the inning. Championship game will be 1 hour 45 minutes or 7 innings.
- 12U all pool and bracket games will be 1 hour 30 minutes, finish the inning. All championships games will be 1 hour 45 minutes or 7 innings.
- 14U all pool and bracket games will be 1 hour 30 minutes, finish the inning. All championship games will be 1 hour 45 minutes or 7 innings.
Game balls will be provided.
Run Rule for all age groups is 10 runs after 4 innings or 8 runs after 5 innings.
Pool Play Tie Breaker Rules: (max run differential is +/-7 runs (Ex. If you beat a team 13-3, you only get a +7 win or -7 loss)
- Head to Head (If there is a 3-way tie, tie breaker goes straight to Run Differential)
- Run Differential
- Runs Against
- Runs Scored
- Coin Flip
Teams Listed first or on top of the bracket will occupy 3rd
base unless playing back to back.
Scorecards will be used for all games. Umpires will have the scorecard. Please verify the score after the game with all umpires.
ASA rules with Triple Crown lineup modifications (use of DP/Flex & EP(the EP can either be an extra player or extra hitter (EH)) Click here
for sample lineup options.
- In pool play and bracket, It is NOT free substitution and it is NOT bat your lineup. See lineup options for ways to utilize your lineup.
- If you are forced to play with 8 players in pool play, it will not be an out for the 9th position. If at any point during bracket play you start or finish with 8, the 9thposition will be considered an out.
Contracted College Coaches