Triple Crown Sports 10U and 12U Fast Pitch Open World Series
San Diego, California
July 14-19, 2013
TRIPLE CROWN GIRLS FASTPITCH TOURNAMENT RULES|
The Triple Crown Girls Fastpitch World Series is a non-sanctioned event played under ASA rules with TCS modifications
TRIPLE CROWN SPECIALTY RULES
1. GAME TIMES - All games will be played under a one (1) hour and thirty (30) minute game time, with the exception of Championship and If games. Championship and If games will not use a game time, but the Run Rule will still be in effect. Game times start with the flip of the coin.
2. RUN RULE - will be 10, 8, 6 after 3, 4, 5 innings
3. EJECTIONS - Any coach or player ejected from a game will be required to sit out the next game.
4. EXTRA HITTER - an EH (extra player/hitter) will be allowed. This basically gives you the ability to hit 10, play 11, and any 9 of those 11 can play defense. You do NOT have to list the EH at the bottom of the line up. This player can be placed anywhere in the line up.
5. DUGOUT DESIGNATION - The first team listed on the bracket in POOL PLAY will occupy the third base dugout unless the team already in the dugout is playing back to back. The team listed on top in DOUBLE or SINGLE ELIMINATION play will occupy the third base dugout unless the team already in the dugout is playing back to back.
6. HOME TEAM DESIGNATION - A coin flip will determine HOME TEAM for all games, except the Championship game. The Undefeated team willl be 'Home Team'. A Coin Flip will determine Home Team in the 'IF' game.
7. POOL PLAY TIES - if at the end of seven (7) innings and the game is tied, the game will end in a tie. If time expires during any pool game, the inning in progress will be completed and the game is over. If the home team is ahead and up to bat when time expires, the game is over and the inning will not be finished.
8. CHAMPIONSHIP PLAY TIES - if at the end of seven (7) innings or time has expired and the game is tied, the International Tie Breaker will be in effect.
9. No team coach, player or substitute shall be outside the dugout area and shall not have contact with anyone watching the game from behind the back stop. No rule keeps a person from working behind the backstop with a radar gun as long as no communication is occurring with this person and the coach/dugout area during the game.
10. Artificial noise makers are not allowed by use of fans, players, or coaches. Failure to comply will result in removal from the park and or forfeiture of the game.
11. PROTESTS - All protests will be accompanied by $100 cash before the protest will be discussed or ruled on.
Rule Protests - All protests must be made immediately at the time of the play. Once the next pitch is pitched, no protest of the incident are allowed and the game will continue.
Roster Protests - the only rsoter protests that will be entertained are protests involving age and college student status.
TRIPLE CROWN WORLD SERIES ROSTER RULES
The overall intent of these rules is to allow all players the opportunity to participate in the TCS World Series. All avenues will be explored to accomplish this goal.
1. An Official Triple Crown Roster with the appropriate signatures must be turned in prior to your first game.
2. Players may not be added after your first game is started.
3. Copies of birth certificates or ASA player cards must be available for each player in the event of an age protest.
3. You are allowed a total of 20 players for the season.
4. A player can play on multiple rosters in the TCS World Series under the following circumstances
a) the player is age eligible
b) the World Series events are not being held at the same location on the same date.
c) the player in question must turn in a signed Roster Wavier form from her coach of record to Triple Crown Sports at least 7 days prior to the start of the TCS World Series. The Wavier Roster Form can be found in the Document section of the World Series web page
d) the Roster Wavier is not valid until Triple Crown Sports approves the wavier
TRIPLE CROWN POOL BREAK - TIE BREAKER RULES
1. In the event of ties at the end of Pool Play, ties will be broken using the following rules:
a. Win - Loss Record
b. Two way tie = Head to Head (Three way tie go to next tie
c. Run differential
d. Least runs allowed
e. Most runs scored
f. Last Actual Run Differential
g. Coin Flip
TRIPLE CROWN QUALIFYING BERTHS
1. 1st and 2nd place teams from each age group GOLD bracket from the World Series do not have to re-qualify; they have automatic berths for the following year. These teams are welcome to play any Triple Crown tournament(s) at any time throughout the season. This qualification certification stays with the manager of record for the upcoming season. This automatic berth will move with a team if they move up in age group as long as they have 5 returning players from the previous World Series Roster.
2. Each individual tournament or series will offer different qualifying berths and teams need to pay attention to the number of berths given out at each tournament.
3. Qualified teams are allowed to play in additional Triple Crown tournaments. If a qualified team receives an additional berth, it will be passed to the next team that this team beat in the bracket. A team that has not won a game in bracket play will not be allowed to accept a pass-down berth. Qualified teams need to pay attention to qualification requirements in Arizona, Southern California, Northern California, Colorado, and Utah
WORLD SERIES REFUND POLICY
1. All Refunds will be charged a minimum processing fee of 10%
2. Any Refund requested after June 1st will be charged a 50% processing fee.
3. Any Refund requested after June 24th will be charged a 75% processing fee.
4. NO Refund will be given IF the tournament is SOLD OUT unless a replacement team is available.(10% processing fee still applies)
5. There will be NO Refunds after JUNE 24th.
6. NO Refund will be given after the schedules have been posted
7. In the event of rain or any other uncontrollable factors that result in the cancellation of games to finish the tournament, refunds will be determined on the number of games played.